Are there any up-front fees?

NOwe DO NOT charge any up-front or qualification fees.

If a 2nd level appeal is required, a $30 court-imposed filing fee may apply.

Can I file on my own?

YES. Although you are not required to use a tax reduction service to file for and/or receive a tax assessment reduction, most homeowners do not have the information and experience necessary to successfully represent themselves in a property tax hearing.

Can I still file a grievance if I have property tax exemptions?

YES, a grievance can be filed in addition to your property tax exemptions.

Do you offer discounts?

YES, we offer special discounts for Returning Clients, Military Veterans,

First Responders, Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters and EMTs.

How long is the process?

The process typically takes 12-14 months to settle

from the time that we file with the county, city or village.

How often can I file a property tax grievance?

You can file a tax grievance each year in Nassau County.

You can file every 2 years in most Villages/Cities.

Is there someone I can speak with if I have any questions?

YES, we are a full service firm. Customer service and satisfaction are our #1 priority.

What does it cost to file a grievance?

We only charge you a fee if we save you money so you have nothing to lose.

If we are successful, our fee is 50% of the tax savings for the applicable tax year.

If your assessment is not reduced, then there is NO FEE for our service.

What is a property tax grievance?

A property tax grievance is a formal complaint to challenge the assessed value of your property. In accordance with the New York State Real Property Tax Law, you are entitled to challenge your property tax assessment each year if you feel your property taxes are too high. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by challenging your assessment.

Will anyone from the county, city or village come to my house?

NO, nobody will come to your house as a result of filing a tax grievance.

Will filing a grievance cause my taxes to increase?

NO, your assessed value cannot increase as a result of filing a grievance.

If you have any additional questions about the tax grievance process, 

please call our office at 516-764-1118, and we will be happy to assist you.